Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nashivlle



A few weeks ago Magistical Memories attended the Simply Southern Convention in Franklin Tennessee. All I can say is wow, what a beautiful State Tennessee is and very hospitable too. Every where you look it green, living on the West coast for the last 7 years, I was amazed by how much green grass there was and I just wanted to get out and roll around in it. We explored the rolling hills and the battle grounds, we saw beautiful farms, and large houses. We were in town over September 11, and the town had set out flags for all the soldiers from Tennessee, killed in Iraq, it just took my breath away as I stood in awe, they also had a flag for each state and under the state flag a list of soldiers from that sate who have passed away. You heart just breaks for these families. Kinda puts things into perspective. Here's a few photo's of our trip.

I was blown away by the hospitality of everyone I came in contact with. When your in the line at the grocery store everyone talked to each other. In the booth at the expo, everyone had a story to share, I am so glad I got to share in your stories.

Oh and the food, don't even get me started on the food, oops to late. I was in fried Heaven like never before. How's this for starters Corky's BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with Fried Corn on the COB!!! Oh and for starters at this lunch we had fried pickles and onion loaf!! Yup fried!! Some of my other favorites, fried apples, corn bread, asparagus with cheese, chicken and dumplings, fried steak, green beans with almonds and bacon, and my favorite drink, oh YUMMY Raspberry Lemonade, oh and you can't forget sweet tea.

It was a pleasure to meet every single one of you.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crystle, check out my blog! You've been tagged!

Brans said...

I lived in Nashville and loved it. Right around the corner from Vandy!An amazing town but everything is pecans. We hate pecans. Love doing back to visit. Did you get any sweet tea and real hushpuppies?