Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Magistical Memories NEW Design Team

Juliana Michaels



HI! My name is Juliana Michaels. I am married to my best friend & love of my life Danny. We live in a small college town in southern Missouri along the Mississippi River and I work full time as a physical therapist in a local hospital. I spend my free time with my husband, working out, cooking, reading, remodeling our new home, & of course scrapping! Since I was a teenager I have always kept a scrapbook of sorts containing photos & memorabilia. I also used to enjoy making various kinds of crafts, crocheting, making jewelry, etc. I had always pondered the question…just how many doilies does one person want or need? LOL!!! When one of my best friends introduced me to scrapbooking nearly 12 years ago, I knew I had found a creative outlet with a purpose! I discovered that I could work with color, texture, & dimension as well as design composition and incorporate these with my photos to create a project that I could enjoy for years to come and/or share it with my family & friends. Over the years my style has changed & it continues to constantly evolve as I play with new products & try new techniques. Either way, everything I create is all me & what I am having fun with at the moment! I am thrilled to be a part of the Magistical Memories design team and I look forward to sharing with you and hopefully inspiring you as well!

Lisa Dorsey



I have been happily married for 14 years and am a stay at home mom to two
sweet girls. When I am not paper crafting, you can find me spending time at
my daughters’ school or involved in church activities. I loves to read and
travel, but I don’t find enough time to do either. I was introduced to
scrapbooking over ten years ago after a family trip. A little over three
years ago I truly became passionate about it, spending more time
scrapbooking and submitting my work for publication. I am excited to be
designing for Magistical Memories. You can see more of my work on my blog at
http://lisadorsey.blogspot.com .

Kristi Bergin-Smith



For the last 11 years, Kristi Bergin-Smith has been a stay-at-home mom and scrapper. She started scrapbooking in 1997 to tell the story of her first daughter and for a while was content to paste pictures on paper, stick on a few colorful stickers and add a little journaling. After three more kids and feeling uninspired about her scrapbooks, she started those fun online things called "swaps." Swaps led to competitions and contests led to feeling inspired by the creative process and finished product. Now scrapbooking has become a creative process that keeps each day from being the same as the last. Kristi has been married to her Navy husband for over 11 years and their children are 5, 8, 9 and 11. Her husband, Dennis, is serving on board an aircraft carrier and scrappin’ keeps her from missing him terribly when he is gone and the kids go to bed. For the most part Kristi's pages are events for her children and places the family travels, but now and then, she will do something for just herself. Currently she lives in Washington, but is from Mississippi. She loves to travel, dance and tries to find time to crochet in between scrappy projects.

Selena Kimsey



My name is Selena Kimsey. I am a Southern California Native currently living in Virginia Beach with my 2 boys and their daddy. I started scrapbooking in 1998 when I found out I was pregnant with my oldest and the rest is history. This is my creative outlet and I really enjoy sharing my creations with others. I am a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo and a Nationally Certified Instructor for the ATA. Other hobbies I enjoy are kayaking, sewing, photography, cooking and will be getting my skydiving license this coming summer. I am excited and cannot wait to start creating with Magistical Memories wicked cool products.

Hilde Janbroers



Hi everyone! I'm Hilde and I'm a SAHM of 2 lovely girls. Amy is 4 years old and Fenna is 3 years old. I have been married to my husband Andries for 4 years. We live in The Netherlands in a town called Leidschendam. I started scrapbooking 2,5 years ago, and never stopped since. I just love all those gorgeous papers and embellishments! I love to make layouts, but also other kinds of projects. The fact that I know my kids will treasure the things I make when they're grown-up, keeps me full of ideas.

Amy Teets



I was born and raised in Western Nebraska. I attended a junior college there on a volleyball scholarship and received an AA in Criminal Justice. I then married my high school sweetheart who became a Marine after high school. We now have two boys, two dogs and have lived in California, North and South Carolina, Arkansas and now we're stationed in Missouri.

I've also been designing digital product for almost four years. I have the great honor of also designing for Dream Street Papers as well!
- Show quoted text -

Jacqueline Walker



Hi, my name is Jacqueline Walker, but I’ve been known since I was a small kid as Jakey and that’s fine with me. I live in England, in the UK, about thirty miles north of London, and share my home with my life partner Carlos - my lover and best friend for 22 years, and our 16 year old son, Vinnie, who’s our world - and my main scrapping material. We also have three grown up daughters, 2 who live in the Spanish Canary Isles, and 5 grandkids, so I never run short of photos or inspiration!

As long as I can remember I’ve played with paper and scissors and my favorite pastime as a child was cutting out paper dolls and making tiny little paper outfits for them. My Mum always said I was born with a pair of scissors in my hand, and even now I love to hand cut titles and printed digital images – even tho’ I own a craft robo!

I’ve always enjoyed crafting and tried my hand at most things before discovering scrapbooking at a CM class about 8 years ago. I knew instantly that I’d found my thing, and scrapping has been a huge part of my life ever since.

I’ve been very lucky in that I’ve had lots of recognition for my work, and have been published many times in the UK in various scrapping publications, even helping to set up and run as editor, a brand new scrap magazine which was very exciting, if a little scary! However, I’ve always tried to balance DT and freelance work, with just scrappin for myself for fun. I think it’s important not to totally lose sight of your ‘hobby’ in search of approval, much as we all enjoy it!

Beyond scrapbooking, I’m a junk shop junkie, and love browsing flea markets, charity shops and car boot sales. My family are my world, and I love to be surrounded by my treasures like my books, my photos and my thrifty findings.


Rita Shimniok



I’ve began scrapbooking 5 yrs. ago this November (2008). I quilted prior to, and am a graphic artist by trade. Scrapbooking was a natural fit that includes things I love most: color, patterns, photography and writing. Although I have done many types of crafts over the years I have done no other since I found the passion for scrapbooking, and instead try to make use of my other craft materials in my projects. Recently I took a position at the Scrapbook Superstore in Madison, Wisconsin, and love that I can share my love for scrapbooking with others in my day to day work. I love to show people new ways to use product, and think outside the box when it comes to creating.

I have been married 19 years to, sweet and supportive hubby who is willing to cook and clean while I create; we have two great kids – and I love to scrap about faith, family and life! I never plan to “catch up” – and love to scrap the precious moments we are given each day. My style is totally eclectic - which means it varies with the mood of the photos. I have been very blessed in having my layouts and projects published in many of the scrapbook and paper crafting magazines in the past several years. My goal in sharing my work is to inspire others, and help them find the creative inner spirit that is found in each of us.

Beth Root



Hello...my name is Beth Root . I started scrapbooking about 6 years ago with a group of friends and it very quickly turned into a fanciful addiction. I have been involved in about every aspect of scrapbooking from hoarder and collector, to designer, to buyer. The one commonality over all of the years, the passion about the art of color and texture. I love to create "fancy little things" and have found, it is just an integral part of who I am and what makes me tick.

I have a wonderful supportive family of one big boy and one small boy, Gavin (age 10) and Jason. They are my loves and pretty much who I center my creativity around. Fortunately, the don't mind playing with me and having fun along the way. I am very blessed for their support and love.

My style is an eclectic artsy style. I love to mix patterns and textures, adding extra little treasures along the way. I look at chipboard as one of those treasures, Magistical Memories style. I have always liked how Magistical Memories created everything from birds, frames, keys and flowers to fish bowl size circular add-ons. I like to use these types of unique pieces in my work, creating added texture and a variety of layers for an added visual effect. I always go heavy on the embellished layering side, which involves cool chipboard products!

I have been published in various hard copy scrapbooking magazines and online E-zines. I have also shared my work for manufacturers at CHA and other trade shows. I thoroughly enjoy the art of preserving our memories and look forward to working with Magistical Memories to share those ideas with you.

Amy Coose



My name is Amy Coose, and I am a Texan transplanted to Northern Virginia. I have been married to the love of my life for almost 13 years, and we have two beautiful children. Austin is nine and just all boy, and my daughter Georgia is seven. They are both the reason I scrapbook, since they refuse to stop growing, and I love being able to create special memories for my family. I started scrapbooking when Austin was born in 1999, and haven't looked back. Scrapbooking is more than just a hobby for me-it's a way for me to save precious memories, be creative, and do something meaningful. I have been published in idea books, Scrapbook Trends and Paper Trends. I am on the design team at 3 Bugs in a Rug, and Work in Progress, which is a kit club. I am also on the design team of two challenge blogs, The Design Experiment and Sketch This! Chipboard is a must have supply for me, so I am thrilled to be given the chance to create with Magistical Memories.

No comments: