Thursday, February 16, 2006

Please check out my Team In Training Page

I am so proud of myself, I have pushed my body to limits this past week that I would have never thought possible, it is only Thursday and I moved my body 11 miles.....11 miles....not all of them have been running but I got this body moving!!! I have a huge smile on my face and I feel fantastic....

Please join me in making a difference

Running to Save Lives...one Mile at a time!!!



Below is what is on my Team in Training website, if you click the link above you will go right to my site.....


Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's face it: I've gone nuts, that’s the slogan some are using but I think I have actually gone CRAZY!!!.

Yes I must be out of my mind to run 26.2 miles, but it’s for a good cause and I am always up to help a good cause. I started training on February 11, 2006 and I am looking forward to the hard work it is going to take to cross the finish line. I joined The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training program. Team in Training is a fundraising and a marathon-training program that will prepare me, along with my teammates, for the challenges of running a marathon while fundraising for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a national voluntary health agency dedicated to curing leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improving the quality of life of patients and their families.

I've decided to take on this challenge for numerous reasons. Simply stated, I want to make a difference. Then of course there is the physical challenge of running 26.2 miles, and most importantly I am doing this in honor of a very special person: Monica Trent, my Team in Training honored teammate. Monica is 12 years old and in remission from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Monica was diagnosed with ALL one month after her eighth birthday, she finished a two-year course of chemotherapy in April of 2004. She is currently in remission and doing well. With the help of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, new treatments are being researched and developed to help others just like Monica My training will be tough, but nowhere near as tough as the doctors' visits, the months of chemotherapy, and the endless poking, prodding's and needle sticking that Monica has gone through. It will be nothing compared to the treatments that thousands of leukemia patients go through every day. I'm in for a long race, but theirs is longer. Every bit helps bring us closer to the finish line, and we'll get there with your help.

I invite you to support me as I fundraise for the Team in Training program and train for the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 4th. I have made a personal commitment to raise $2,100. Your tax-deductible donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will further this great cause. I am asking for your support in making a difference. A full 75% of all donations go directly to the cause, so I'm asking you to be as generous as possible. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society prides itself in having an expense ratio of no more than 25%, and was rated by Money magazine as one of the top ten charities for having the highest percentage of funds raised directly benefiting research and patient services.

Please contribute to the “She's Gone NUTS” ”CRAZY” campaign in support of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I thank you for your support and look forward to sharing with you my experience with such an amazing organization

With many Thanks,

Crystle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey where are the pictures from Saturday! You go with your bad self, running that 10K was awesome! I am SO SO SO proud of you!